Zufar Adzahan is an entrepreneur active in acoustical engineering field and passionate in musical arts. He started his entrepreneurship journey in 2014 in tender age of 29, motivated by the urge to have his total freedom to mold his professional future. Prior to establishing his own business, Zufar was trained in Nagata Acoustics Inc., (Tokyo) and Istiq Noise Control Sdn Bhd (Kuala Lumpur) as an acoustician, where he harnessed his experience in acoustic engineering and entrepreneurship.
Zufar is a student of Abdul Razak Manaf, the founder of Carabetul. He undertook the Entrepreneur Journey programme in 2015 and is still undergoing the journey in growing his business and expanding his influence in the architectural acoustics industry. He is now the co-owner of 4 acoustical companies starting with KHAN Acoustics and later established GEMA Acoustics, SCAN Acoustics and Kantan Panel brand to penetrate different markets. His life mission is to have a business legacy that will benefit the society generation after generation in terms of providing acoustical solutions.
Zufar enjoys maintaining a positive relationship with his expanding network and collaborating with them in developing socioeconomic programmes and activities. Some of the accomplishments benefited from his leveraging nature are:
- Becoming the first Malaysian apprentice in Nagata Acoustics Inc. (Tokyo) a company that was responsible for developing the acoustics systems in Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles.
- Presented a white paper on Mosque acoustic system at two international conferences, the 12th Western Pacific Acoustics Conference (Singapore) and 2nd International Conference Mosque Architecture (Kuala Lumpur).
- A joint researcher in research papers presented at the 44th International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering (US) and the 24th International Conference of Sound and Vibration (London).
- Established a movement group on awareness of acoustics building, called Building Acoustics Yumcha, with members from the industry players, academicians and government agencies working with Society of Vibration and Acoustics Malaysia (SVAM).
- Established a bilateral relations between Oita University and Omiya High School Miyazaki with Sekolah Menengah Agama Tun Rahah in the area of percussive music arts.
- Active in promoting Malaysian music to fans in the US through the Stagelt.com portal.
- Have performed with multiple bands in Japan, Brunei and Indonesia.
- The only Malaysian percussionist in the Japanese anime production, “The Promised Neverland”.
- Established an Islamic business support group, “Usrah Usahawan” with a celebrity preacher, Ustaz Wan Akashah Wan Abdul Hamid (personality of TV series “Semanis Kurma”).
- Established an online Ceramah Agama video series titled “Bunyi Masjid” that has benefited tens of pendakwah in Malaysia during the Covid-19 pandemic situation.